harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [doc] let's get a printable version of webpages
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:34:34 GMT
Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I just tried to print a webpage from our site and ~1/5 did not fit into
> A4 size because of the menu. Do you think it makes sense to have a
> Printable option of some sort so that a page is displayed in a
> printer-friendly way?
>
> For that, we'd need to be able to get html pages with no menu, check
> that no graphics are wider than the page size and that all styles print
> correctly. Anything else?

how about stop using tables and use a truly floating table-less css
design and then use print-specific instructions in the css?

For an idea on how to do this, checkout the labs.apache.org web site
that I setup using a really neat CSS layout already available, lots of
tricks can be used from there.

--
Stefano.