harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm/classlib/jdktools] system property o.a.h.boot.class.path
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 02:42:41 GMT

Alexey Varlamov wrote:

>> prefix
>> and

>> > Things are changing :) Since recent H-2008 commit, magics support jars
>> > are going to bypass this machinery and slip into boot loader directly
>> > via SetBCPElement().
>>
>> Bypass what machinery?
>
> Composing BCP from prefixes and postfixes, and keeping whole runtime
> BCP string as a property. They just add jars directly to a vector of
> searching elements of BootstrapClassLoader, and this is no good from
> my POV.

I'm confused.  We do need to have the string, at least able to be
created on demand.

Do you believe that adding jars directly is no good?

>> > I'll fix this while integrating properties refactoing submission
>> > (HARMONY-1925), please shout if there are objections.
>>
>> Fix what?
>>
>> I'd very much prefer that things happened in clear order - don't
>> integrate Harmony-1925 and do other things at the same time.  Lets get
>> it in first, and then start using it.
>
> OK. Though I have to touch that code anyway, to update properties usage.

Right - so just update the properties usage, and then suggest whatever.

Don't mix up the activities please.  It makes analyzing the specific
changes made to the algorithm/approach really hard if it's mixed with
the switch to new properties system.

geir