harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] What should be improved in DRLVM Doxygen documentation?
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:19:00 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:
>>> So, the answer is "No" because it is not committed. Thanks, I know the
>>> JIRA. Aren't we ready to commit these?
>> Well,
>> Largely, yes, though the config file does not allow for class hierarchy,
>> file lists and graphics. I hope Alexei can adjust the scripts to check
>> for the graphviz dot tool required for class diagrams. Anyway, the
>> scripts will be in the svn soon; I was also planning to
>> generate the whole bundle and deposit on my home - just as Paulex did
>> yesterday.
>
> So, do we want to actually commit the generated content into the
> website tree?  I am kinda resistant to do so for reasons I can't
> defend very well.
>
> Certainly the scripts should be there...
D'oh...I'm -0(i.e., not preferred but still not -1) to add the generated
documents into svnversion, which makes the clean/rebuild awkward, so
that I removed doxygen generated API documents from classlib/trunk/doc,
but seems there are always wishes to make them available online for
convenience, IIRC you were also proposing to include the website into
build with API documents(but for sure, they can be generated with
snapshot build process instead of being there always).

Anyway, perhaps it is not a bad idea to update them on some other sites,
so that both developer convenience and subversion cleanness can be
achieved. If no others willing to do that, I'm volunteer to maintain all
the doxygen generated document on my ASF home directory. But I need to
know how many these kind of documents we have now, I only knew about
classlib/kernel class/portlib-vmi, there are some for DRLVM, but I have
no idea about the details...

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab