harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][classlib unit tests] iterative runs
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:07:36 GMT
Sorry - I missed this yesterday for some reason

Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Geir,
>
> I support your point - a developer who resolves an intermittent issue
> needs a painless way to check his resolution.

That, and we need to see if we are creating new intermittent issues.

> I see two ways to implement it:
> * Automatically generate a build script: Egor posted me a feedback
> that it is not quite readable approach.

I thought of this, and figure it's our last resort.

> * Use <for> ant-contrib task: this adds ant-contrib dependency to the
> class library build system.

Sure - but can we make that optional?  No... I guess not.

> * Make a clone from <junit> task: this adds a dependency from ANT source
> base.

Source? Doesn't it just add a dep on the ant binary for building our tool?

> All,
> Before starting a patch discussion let me ask which of three do you
> think is a better approach?

This is buried here... this needs a new thread...

geir