harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][tests] Refactoring breakage
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:51:06 GMT
Looks like a few people are having problems with tests at the moment.

On Linux I see a bunch of compiler errors, like this:

[exec]      [echo] Compiling ACCESSIBILITY tests
[exec]     [javac] 1. ERROR in
/home/hybld/continuum-working-directory/6/classlib/modules/accessibility/src/test/api/java/common/javax/accessibility/AccessibleBundleTest.java
[exec]     [javac]  (at line 25)
[exec]     [javac] 	import javax.swing.BasicSwingTestCase;
[exec]     [javac] 	       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[exec]     [javac] The import javax.swing.BasicSwingTestCase cannot be
resolved

which is because in r479469 the BasicSwingTestCase was moved from the
'support' module to the 'swing' module, but as you can see it is
referenced from the 'accessibility' module.

In the implementation code, where we cannot control the cyclical
dependencies inherent in the JSE spec, we do a global build first then
compile the individual modules against the HDK.

In the test code we can specify our dependencies to avoid cycles, so the
testing code has to be in the module itself, or in the 'support' module.

This refactoring seems to have broken that design, so I suggest that the
support classes used by numerous modules are returned to 'support'.

Regards,
Tim
(fighting a losing cause it would seem to regain a stable pass rate ;-)

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.