harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Robin Garner <robin.gar...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: [drlvm][mmtk] location of mmtk.jar that's needed by JIT helper inlining -- did this get resolved?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 05:37:00 GMT
Rana Dasgupta wrote:
> On 11/26/06, Mikhail Fursov <mike.fursov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >My proposal is to use:
>> >http://cs.anu.edu.au/people/Robin.Garner/mmtk-20061012.jar as primary
>> >location and
>> >http://nightworks.sourceforge.net/mmtk-20061012.jar as backup today and
>> >replace it with smaller library when Steve will put it to
>> vmmagic.sf.netsite
>

> Hi Robin,
>   Are you planning to update vmmagic.sf.net soon? As far as I know, it has
> always been empty. I am not very comfortable on taking an external
> dependency on a personal website.
>
> Thanks,
> Rana

Just clarified this with Steve.  We are planning to put the first
release of vmmagic up in 3-4 weeks, as soon as JikesRVM has finished its
transition to Java 1.5 (the first commit for this happened yesterday).
This affects vmmagic because we are moving to Annotations for the pragmas.

We are also discussing licensing, and the possibility of releasing the
interface into the Public Domain (which requires the agreement of the
copyright holders in the JikesRVM project).

cheers

--
Robin Garner
Dept. of Computer Science