harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] incremental build is no more?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:07:27 GMT
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> Check the commit log for 'build-java.xml'. That snippet looks
> familiar; I'd swear it was like that at one point and then removed
> because incremental compilation was failing.

Yea, we don't want to use the old version of the files we are compiling.
 Ideally we want the bootclasspath to be empty -- but as Matt discovered
the compiler adapter takes empty bootclasspath to be default value (i.e.
the JRE JARs).

For now I've set it to an arbitrary JAR that we compile against.  Please
check that it fixes the incremental build problem, then I'll try and
figure out a more meaningful value to set.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)