harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [doc] confusing names of getting starteds
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:10:09 GMT

Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:
> (resending to have the table restored; it looked so good locally and so
> badly when cut to 80 symbols a line)

Thanks :)

> File quickhelp_users.html, title "Getting Started For Users"; suggested
> rename "Quick Help for Users"
> File quickhelp_contributors.html, title "Getting Started For
> Contributors"; suggested rename "Quick Help for Contributors"
> File subcomponent/drlvm/getting_started.html, title "Getting Started
> with DRL"; suggested rename " Getting Started with DRLVM"

The only one I'm in favor of is the last.  The first two are an artifact
of history - we thought it would be nice to have a "quick help" for
users in the same way that there's a simple sheet of instructions found
with consumer electronics.

I think that "Getting Started For ..." is much more common, welcoming
and grammatical than "Quick Help...".  I'm interested in what others think.

If we have to change, have you considered renaming the file itself?