harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [performance] a few early benchmarks
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:08:52 GMT
I actually agree with both of you.

We definitely need to include other benchmarks - especially open ones -
besides the SPEC benchmarks, because at this point, we as a project
don't have the SPEC ones.  I'm very +1 on Dacapo, and actually any
others that we find.  Dacapo is nice because there are serious pros
actively working on and around it.

On the other hand, it's a sad reality that we can't ignore SPEC either,
because that is how some people measure performance.

geir