harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general] Added some bugs statistics to wiki
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:13:45 GMT
Ivaschenko, Aleksei V wrote:
> Tim Ellison wrote:
>> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>> I'm not so sure.  The [only] upside of the wiki is open access...
>> But this is read-only statistics stuff, and the readability is open.
>>
>> For pages that require write access, then sure.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim
>
> Then we might want to think about some special place in Harmony where we
> could place such things, I mean things on Melody, bugs-related things
> like I posted on wiki and other.
>
> Are there any suggestions of how we can organize such a place in
> Harmony?

I think the best way would be, in this order:

 0) as for a zone (this takes time)
 1) integrate all such scripts in melody
 2) commits such scripts on svn so that others can play/tweak them
 3) have melody pick up new scripts from svn and run them
 4) once the zone is setup, move the melody web site over to
harmony.zone.apache.org
 5) either link to that, or use iframes, img/src or ProxyPass to embed
the autogenerated content in the harmony.apache.org web site.

Thoughts?

--
Stefano.