harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [classlib] Getting more real JAPI results
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 20:32:47 GMT
Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> Shoud we change that in org.apache.harmony namespace? These don't
> affect JAPI reports.
>

> org/apache/harmony/auth/internal/kerberos/v5/EncryptedData.java:
>
>        IvParameterSpec initCipherState;
>        switch (etype) {
>            case DES_CBC_CRC:
>                offset = 12;// confounder(8)+CRC-32 checksum(4)
>                // copy of original key
>                initCipherState = new IvParameterSpec(key.getEncoded());
>                break;
>            case DES_CBC_MD4:
>            case DES_CBC_MD5:
>                offset = 24;// confounder(8)+ MD4/5 checksum(16)
>                // all-zero
>                initCipherState = new IvParameterSpec(new byte[] { 0,
> 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, });
>                break;
>            default:
>                throw new RuntimeException();//FIXME not implemented yet

I suggest we change this last line into

 throw new RuntimeException("Cypher type '" + etype + "' currently not
supported."); // FIXME: support more cypher types

"implemented" should be used for stuff that influences our API
signature, "support" for what it influences other optional or non-TCK
related things.

--
Stefano.