harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [testing] test exclude list: can't we have incremental exclusions?
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:07:13 GMT

Alexei Zakharov wrote:
> In this case we can run against the situation when the test will
> remain excluded forever for some platform.

Why?  Our goal is to get rid of any excluded tests.   Consider the
excluded tests as the existence of a regression, and we should work to
fix ASAP.

We aren't "parking" them there to be ignored - we're putting them there
so that the build can complete while we work on the fixes.  We're in
essence "grandfathering-in" these regressions.

> People have their own
> problems. IMHO we should do this only if there are suspicions that the
> test is platform dependent. Otherwise it is a waste of time IMO and CC
> can handle this.

Could be - I don't see where the waste of time comes in.

geir