harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] incremental build is no more?
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:43:20 GMT
Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> I can't recall how many days I have to do full rebuild after updating
> workspace in the morning, because just "ant" complained about java
> compilation errors...
> I did not give that much consideration until today, when trivial local
> modification in luni class did not compile again. Could someone adept
> in classlib build look into this, please?

Well I can see the problem...

Running with ant -v shows the javac command is being passed a classpath
with the JARs of the running JRE too and they are ahead of the Harmony
JARs.  So we are compiling against the code running Ant, and if that is
not Harmony you are trying to compile against Sun/BEA/whatever.

Just have to figure out why Ant is adding extra stuff to the classpath
when we have explicitly defined it?

Regards,
Tim

--