harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [launcher] disable exception handler Was: [drlvm][classlib unit tests] iterative runs
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:37:35 GMT
Salikh Zakirov wrote:
> Evgueni Brevnov wrote:
>> The most clean approach is
>> to return EXCEPTION_CONTINUE_SEARCH for any exception happened in a
>> native code. I would suggest to fix the problem in this way instead of
>> HARMONY-2285. Currently, the launcher installs its own exception
>> handler which blocks default exception handler. So if we wish to have
>> a debug dialog we need to disable launcher's handler somehow. Should
>> we discuss it in a new thread?
>
> Personally, I use the modified launcher with exception protection commented out
> all the time.
>
> I recollect vaguely that introducing command line flag for disabling exception
> handling in launcher was discussed and agreed upon, however, noone got to
> implement it yet.
>
> (The other "pending" task for launcher was moving it from luni module to
> jdktools -- also seems to have been agreed upon and then abandoned)

I think you are being unfair to say 'abandoned' -- we agree on lots of
things but only have time to implement some of them.

Everyone is welcome to suggest fixes and enhancements, and everyone is
equally welcome to help implement them.  Raise a JIRA and attach a patch.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)