harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][security] Changing system property java.home may cause incorrect initialization of java.security.Security class
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:13:17 GMT
Alexey Varlamov (JIRA) wrote:
>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2163?page=comments#action_12452378
]

> The only consistent way to fix this (as I see) is to preload and init Security class
early, somewhere during bootstrap. OTOH this may increase bootstrap time a bit...
> What do you think?

The problem appears to be that we don't set defaults if we cannot find
the properties file(s).

So how about we implement Security#registerDRLProviders() (maybe with a
method name change) to register:

security.provider.1=org.apache.harmony.security.provider.cert.DRLCertFactory
security.provider.2=org.apache.harmony.security.provider.crypto.CryptoProvider
security.provider.3=org.apache.harmony.xnet.provider.jsse.JSSEProvider
security.provider.4=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider

Thoughts?
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)