harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [performance] a few early benchmarks
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 22:03:00 GMT
Egor Pasko wrote:

>> Scores are most visible things but we can not easily publish them for
>> all specs...
>
> not allowed -> won't publish. We have great free benchmarks (thanks to
> DaCapo guys!), they will give us a good picture.

Agreed, screw SPEC, I vote on focusing on DaCapo which, IMO, provide an
even better picture of real life applications and JVM variability.

I have also convinced myself that scimark2 is not that great of a
benchmark and tuning for it might mislead other things that are way more
important to our user base (like running tomcat or eclipse).

--
Stefano.