harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general] Added new reports to Melody
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:48:13 GMT
Egor Pasko wrote:
> On the 0x22A day of Apache Harmony Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> Egor Pasko wrote:

>>> I see no drlvm/c, only drlvm/java. And CPPTASKS can be excluded
>>> safely, it is an external tool.
>> fixed. I now run cpd against classlib/module and drlvm/vm only, both for
>> java and c.
>
> Thank you for doing this!

My pleasure.

> There are a lot of opportunities for
> refactoring. I will be looking at these when working on code nearby.

Cool. There is no hurry, but cut/paste is a problem because when you fix
one you might forget to fix the other... so, in theory, we should aim at
have the lowest amount of cut/paste possible.

> What improvements I might think of:
> * alerts when copy-pasted code grows (whith CC)

deltas for all those reports are next on my todo list... as soon as I
get CC back working.

My plan is to send email messages to this list whenever a transition
(either positive or negative) occurs in any of the things I'm measuring,
so that we know our progress.

> * ability to filter out known copy-pastings which are OK

Right now I do it by filtering out things in the xslt, but this making
the xpaths look horrible... I need to find a better way... I might
resolt to patch the CPD main() method to get a list of regexp patterns
for file to process.

--
Stefano.