harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [performance] a few early benchmarks
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:27:10 GMT
Sergey Kuksenko wrote:

> Lets do the simplest thing fist. :)
> We can do it. We only need to specify a set of workloads.

I've tried running dacapo with 10 warming stages and we are constantly
around 25% speed against the leading JVM (which is always sun5 or sun6),
bea5 is around 80% and ibm5 is around 70%, I'll have more detailed
results shortly.

Robin, any chance you guys can add 'skymark2' to the dacapo benchmarks?
I think that would be helpful.

Also, a great thing would be for dacapo to output an XML serialization
of the benchmark results.

It also appears that we can't run some of the dacapo tests, most notably
antlr (jvm fails with no error and just terminates right during the
first warmup) and chart (because it requires a DISPLAY to be
available... can we run harmony headless yet?)

--
Stefano.