harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [test] Tracking smoke, kernel and c-unit tests by platform
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:32:46 GMT

Elena Semukhina wrote:
>> Right - my point is that excluding our thread tests is a big red flag.
>> I know that you and others have been working very hard to get this fixed.
>

> I managed to run kernel tests iteratively for 40 times on linux in jet,
> opt,
> int (debug build, "once" mode) and have not seen a failure! ThreadTest was
> included. Tried the same on Windows 2003 and saw 1 failure of ThreadTest in
> jet mode. It failed on interrupting a waiting thread.

Meaning - when excluding ClassGenericsTest4, you have no problems?

If that's the case,  then what I think we should do is recognize that
Windows XP and Windows 2003 are different operating systems and try to
distinguish between them for purposes of exclusion?

I don't have a win2003 box so I can't figure this out.  What would be
best is a non-destructive enhancement to classlibs properties.xml to add
a "flavor" property, like

    ${harmony.os_variety}

that we can use for distinguishing between WinXP and Win2003, Ubuntu and
RHEL, etc....

> So it is worth to exclude ThreadTest on Windows. Should we do this on
> linux?

Not if we aren't having any problems on Linux.  Our goal is to have as
many tests as possible running at all times.  I think that as long as we
don't have problems, we keep it.

> I'll continue my experiments tomorrow.

Excellent.  Thanks

geir