harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [test] Tracking smoke, kernel and c-unit tests by platform
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:00:38 GMT

Elena Semukhina wrote:

>> windows
>> >

>> > I updated the page with Windows data for kernel tests. Windows XP opt
>> hangs
>> > on ThreadTest in "once" mode while passes in "perTest".
>>
>> Boy oh boy.
>>
>> 1) I don't understand your numbers.   How can you have 2x as many
>> excluded?
>

> exclude.drlvm_kernel.windows.x86.* contain two more tests excluded
> comparing
> to  exclude.drlvm_kernel.linux.x86.*:
> java/lang/SystemExtensionTest.java
> java/lang/ObjectTest.java
>
> They are 37 test cases. I meant that 44 is for the tests in
> exclude.drlvm_kernel.linux.x86.*.
> And then 37 + 44 = 81.

Ah - I'm just counting classes, not individual tests.

> 2) Yes, I saw the hang yesterday (only in int, btw), but hadn't figured
>> out which test it was.
>

> I see it only for opt on Windows XP in "once" mode.

Odd.  Scary.  And Odd - I was able to get winXP, debug build to run
through all opt and jet in once mode, and then hang in int. (I think.
I'll recheck)

> So do we exclude ThreadTest?  I think so - I also suspect it's time to
>> call "full stop" and run these thread problems into the ground.  As
>> amusing as the discussion around HARMONY-1951 is, I couldn't sleep
>> worrying about it :)
>

> Excluding ThreadTest helped tests pass. Let's exclude the test for a while
> until the problem is identified and fixed.
> I'll file a JURA issue.
> Actually this test helped to catch a lot of bugs in the past so we cannot
> afford to exclude it for a long time :)
> Besides, this test is known to fail intermittently on join() and yield().
> I'll do iterative runs for it to gather statistics meanwhile.

Right - my point is that excluding our thread tests is a big red flag.
I know that you and others have been working very hard to get this fixed.

geir