harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][pack200] Status update (again)
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:53:22 GMT
Alex Blewitt wrote:
> Good news, everyone!
> I've managed to get multiple interfaces extracted from a Pack200
> archive, along with methods, exceptions, interfaces and constant
> values (char etc.) The next step is to decode bytecodes, but there's a
> fair bit of work involved in reconstituting the bytecode part of it
> (so non-abstract methods or non-constant initialisers still don't
> work).
> Anyway, the current code is in Harmony-2246 but I'm likely to take a
> brief hiatus. It would be good if the patch could be applied
> (successfully this time :-) before I pick up the next bit of work.
> I'd also like to get the pack200 code moved out of the archive module
> and into its own module, and after applying this patch sounds like a
> good time to do this. If someone can help me with the creation of a
> new module (e.g. archive-pack200), that would be good.

Once the patch is applied I can help with separating the pack200 code. I
don't think it requires a separate module, but we can pull it out into a
separate source folder in archive, build it with source 1.4 flags, and
create a target to produce a separate jar etc.

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

View raw message