harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][build] New svn reality and DRL VM build
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:46:57 GMT

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> Everyone who tried to build DRL VM at least once knows that he/she
> should edit "external.dep.CLASSLIB.loc" property in
> build/make/build.xml file to point to the class library...

no, there is the drlvm.properties file :)

> Our svn paths has been changed while moving from the incubator and I
> suggest to default value for this property to
> "../../../working_classlib".

It has nothing to do with moving from the incubator, as everything has
the same relative position as they did before.

However, the value that's in there now reflects the original way of
working, which was to checkout enhanced/drlvm and enhanced classlib as
peers in your filesystem, and thus needed the extra dots to get up and
over the /trunk entry in both.

Now, people seem happy to work in the federated build system of
enhanced/trunk, so I'm +1 to making the change for that reason.

geir