harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [buildtest] moving the testing infrastructure forward
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:50:24 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
<lots of stuff agreed with incl. Geir's clarifications>

>> 5) config-full.xml currently runs three targets "classlib, drlvm and
>> drlvm-test" where classlib runs the build and runs the tests. I think
>> classlib should be split in three: java, native and tests. I also note
>> that classlib tests need a JVM, so we need to come up with a reasonable
>> strategy for all that.
>
> Yes - each should actually be broken up into sequences :
>
> 1)  classlib -> update/build and then unit tests using j9 (IMO) to test
> classlib in isolation of changes from DRLVM.  It used to be that way IIRC.

classlib is still buildable and testable right in the working directory
with the IBM VME in place.  That is what the IBM build machines are
currently doing and reporting to the commit list.

> 2) drlvm - > update/build and then unit tests.
>
> 3) classlib unit tests using DRLVM

Yes, this is good for both the VM and classlib to exercise the code and
ensure the interop.

> 4) drlvm + classlib running app tests - tomcat tests, the derby suite,
> whatever...  basically strategically chosen user apps.

ack

Regards,
Tim

--