harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [heads up] the importance of 'reversed' API completion
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 01:47:51 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>> As shown in the graphical history of harmony at
>>>
>>>  http://67.86.14.213:10000/harmony.png
>>>
>>> we are currently at 96.39% of API completion (if we don't count the
>>> SerialID differences and the final static values), and we are
>>> continuously growing there.
>>>
>>> But there is also another index, the "reversed" API completion that
>>> measures how much code the RI didn't implement that we did.
>>>
>>> Here, a 100% means that all that code that we have implemented in those
>>> public packages is available in the RI.
>>>
>>> In order to achieve WORA, the TCK mandates that both direct and reverse
>>> completion be 100%.
>>>
>> I don't know if that's necessarily true.  The spec license mandates if
>> for java?.* packages, but not for things like omg.*, and I'm not sure
>> that the TCK would complain about packages outside of the java*.* space.
>>

>>> I suggest we start to pay attention to both.
>>>
>>> Here is a reverse-japi report:
>>>
>>>  http://67.86.14.213:10000/results/latest/reverse-japi.html
>>>
>> agreed.
>
> Look like there are things in there to investigate, but I agree that
> there appears to be too many packages flagged.
>
> Stefano can you run it with the actual SE API packages?

Here is the command line for japize

packages="+java +javax +org -java.awt.dnd.peer -java.awt.peer
-org.apache -org.eclipse -org.bouncycastle -org.w3c.dom.css
-org.w3c.dom.events -org.w3c.dom.html -org.w3c.dom.xpath
-org.w3c.dom.stylesheets -org.w3c.dom.traversal -org.w3c.dom.views
-java.text.resources -org.omg.stub.javax -org.omg.dom.ranges"

japize as harmony packages `find -L $harmony/deploy | grep jar` $packages

I thought these were the SE API packages. Are you suggesting that I only
do +java and +javax and remove +org?

I'll be glad to try different things out if the outcome helps progress.

--
Stefano.