harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [heads up] the importance of 'reversed' API completion
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 12:45:04 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> As shown in the graphical history of harmony at
>
>  http://67.86.14.213:10000/harmony.png
>
> we are currently at 96.39% of API completion (if we don't count the
> SerialID differences and the final static values), and we are
> continuously growing there.
>
> But there is also another index, the "reversed" API completion that
> measures how much code the RI didn't implement that we did.
>
> Here, a 100% means that all that code that we have implemented in those
> public packages is available in the RI.
>
> In order to achieve WORA, the TCK mandates that both direct and reverse
> completion be 100%.

I don't know if that's necessarily true.  The spec license mandates if
for java?.* packages, but not for things like omg.*, and I'm not sure
that the TCK would complain about packages outside of the java*.* space.

> I suggest we start to pay attention to both.
>
> Here is a reverse-japi report:
>
>  http://67.86.14.213:10000/results/latest/reverse-japi.html

agreed.

(and please can you put a proper [<subject>] next time like [classlib],
since this applies to classlib)

geir