harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Announcing Melody
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:31:13 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Plans for the future include:
>
>  1) add a chart for the number of subscribers to the various lists (I
> already have a script for this, but I need somebody with apmail karma to
> run it on the apache machine that handles our mail)
>
>  2) add a chart for email traffic
>
>  3) start performing static analysis on the code using tools like
> findbugs, PMD and CPD
>
> Comments, suggestions and criticism welcome!

At the risk of 'going meta', there are a number of indicators of the
health of Harmony that would be interesting to plot.  Some relate to the
codebase (LOC, test passes, API completeness, etc.) and some relate to
the effectiveness of the community (mailing list activity, jira
turn-around time, number of committers, etc.)

The following paper by Crowston et al. [1] has a list of interesting
measures that you could gather for Harmony.

[1] http://opensource.mit.edu/papers/crowstonannabihowison.pdf

Regards,
Tim

--