harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general] Harmony Todo list
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:39:13 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:
> --- Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> here is what I think Harmony needs:
>>
>>  - a logo [no feather BS, something cool and trendy
>> that we could print
>> on mugs and t-shirts... and no duke crap either]
>
> c'mon man... Duke playing a concertina or something,
> that'd kick ass.  :)

Graphically maybe, marketing wise it's a bad idea and here's why: the
'java' coffee cup logo is super-protected but the duke is now free to
use without restrictions (WTF does BSD licensing for a logo mean,
anyway?), meaning that all 'java look-alikes' will have duke while only
the 'certified javas' will have the coffee cup.

I think we should stand clear of that distinction right away and have
our own identity from the get-go.

--
Stefano.