harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][unit] 100% of class library tests pass
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:36:34 GMT

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
> why not?

Because the full-stack testing is appropriate for CI systems that are
running full-time to catch bugs. That's what our build-test
infrastructure is all about.

Asking DRLVM developers (and conversely, classlib developers) to run 1+
hours of tests for even the smallest commits is a waste of time.  We
simply need to balance efficiency (targeted testing when you make a fix)
with the dedication to have a rapid response when the CI systems find a
problem.

geir