harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jimmy, Jing Lv" <firep...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][general]find a more proper folder to put src-jars?
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 03:46:44 GMT
Hi All,

     Currently Harmony has pack all its source files into jars and put
them in deploy\jdk\jre\lib\boot, e.g, luni-src.jar, nio-src.jar, etc(I
don't know when this happens, however they are here now).
     In most cases it does not disturb any one. However when I fix
something in a package(luni) and try to debug in test, eclipse always
lead me to the source files in the jar, not the file in the workspace I
currently modify, this do take me into trouble until I find the reason
and delete luni-src.jar.(My run environment in eclipse 3.2: take Harmony
as JRE, put main-luni\bin and JRE-System Library[Harmony] into
clasapath- bootstrap entries; put test-luni\bin, junit and support into
classpath- User entries. It works well, only some trouble in debugging).
     So IMHO Harmony may find another folder to put these src-jars,
e.g., a "src" folder in deploy\jdk, which can be much clear, and will
not make trouble in debugging any more.
     Any suggestions/options? Thanks!

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv