harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [gump] Gump running on Harmony!!
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:03:42 GMT
Tim Ellison wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> The first problem is the lack of "javac" that bootstrap-ant requires.
>
> Can you clarify what 'bootstrap-ant' requires?  Is it running an Ant
> <javac> task, or compiling Ant source with javac.exe?  I was assuming
> the latter.

bootstrap-ant is a script that builds ant without ant, so it requires
having the javac executable available.

I could cheat and symlink jikes to it, but I don't want to do that: Gump
is an indicator of what people use in real life and this is the first
sign that harmony needs a javac command in order to proceed in real-life
usefulness and I want to keep that signal clear.

So, if you are curious to see what's the next roadblock, I suggest that
one of you starts coding a javac wrapper for ecj (or anything else that
would do the job, I don't care) ;-)

--
Stefano.