harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [doc] site.css
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:27:24 GMT

Ivanov, Alexey A wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've updated formatting of definition lists <DL> on site: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2173
>
> The new formatting looks more natural to me; the screenshots can be found in the JIRA
issue.

yes, that looks better.

> When editing site.css I faced that there are many different styles of indentation used:
>     * Some statements are indented using tabs,
>     * Some -- using spaces,
>     * And a mixture of tabs and space, in the worse case.
>
> There are also inconsistencies in formatting of rules, and trailing white-space.
>
> Let's agree on using either tabs or spaces for indentation of CSS statements. If they
are different, it causes inconveniences when creating patches because some lines look changed
while nothing was modified there.

> I have no strong opinion on which one to use here. But let it be one: either tabs or
spaces.

> What do you think about it?

I think that since I don't have the first clue about css, and don't
intend do it, you can choose :)

That said, I think that spaces are the right way - it's consistent w/
our other source formatting policies.

geir