harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Gagnon <egag...@sablevm.org>
Subject Re: [drlvm] Class unloading support - tested one approach
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:42:24 GMT
Salikh Zakirov wrote:
>   7) let the GC finish collection and reclaim unreachable objects -- this reclaims java
objects

Just a bit of a warning...  This should be integrated within the
weak/soft/phantom + finalization framework.  We definitely don't want
the native resources of a class loader to be freed and later have
finalization revive the class loader...  :-)

[Luckily, nothing special needs to be done for JNI code;
Call<TYPE>StaticMethod does require a native reference to a class
object.  Yay! ]

Etienne