harmony-dev mailing list archives

From David Gilbert <david.gilb...@object-refinery.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Interesting discoveries playing around with japitools]
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 14:21:54 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Sun using the GPL is a boon for Classpath, so good for them - I'm not
> sure how they can actually use the Sun code, as Sun won't be granting
> copyright assignment to the FSF as GNU Classpath requires, and it's
> under a different license (not the GPL + Exception), but I'm sure
> they'll work something out.
>
> geir

A boon?  Not at all, Classpath will be (mostly) redundant and will fade
away, replaced by Sun's runtime.  But as I said elsewhere, that's a good
outcome if all you are interested in is a good quality free / open
source runtime to run Java applications on...and I'm not after anything
more than that.

Regards,

Dave Gilbert