harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][sound] Volunteer to implement missing & bad APIs in javax.sound.sampled
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:28:32 GMT
Boris Kuznetsov wrote:
>> ok, let's figure out how many things left.
>
> AudioSystem class and some "not yet implemented" methods like this:
>        public final String toString() {
>            throw new Error("not yet implemented");
>        }

Yuk, that hides the fact that the method is only a stub, and it would be
much easier if we can see clearly what has been implemented and what hasn't.

If you need the method declaration in order to compile other code then
please declare it as throwing a
org.apache.harmony.luni.util.NotImplementedException.  If you don't need
 the method for compilation then my preference is that you leave it out
completely, though I understand other people prefer to create all the
stubs first then go back and fill them in.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)