harmony-dev mailing list archives

From David Gilbert <david.gilb...@object-refinery.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Interesting discoveries playing around with japitools]
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:20:27 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> The only real issue that we had is license incompatibility, but I
> thought there was goodwill everywhere to work where we could.

Why don't we be honest and just admit that there is no goodwill between
the projects?  It was there, briefly, but now it is gone.  There's no
collaboration, there's no cooperation...just two separate projects
implementing the same API.  It is the way it is, and the world is moving
on...but let's stop pretending.

Regards,

Dave Gilbert
JFreeChart Project Leader

P.S.  This is a personal opinion, but I'm happy to disclose that I'm an
occasional contributor to the GNU Classpath project.