harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Robin Garner <robin.gar...@anu.edu.au>
Subject [classlib] DaCapo chart benchmark
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 07:32:29 GMT
While the DaCapo 'chart' benchmark runs successfully, it differs from
the production VMs (on Linux) in that it requires a valid X-windows
display.  Gnu Classpath also has this problem.

 From conversations with the JFreeChart maintainer, we know that
JFreeChart relies heavily on Java2D and parts of AWT.  My guess is that
the harmony and classpath libraries are more eager than the production
libraries in initializing the X windows display.

For the record, the 'chart' benchmark produces Pdf output from a graph
specification, so there's no reasonable expectation that it would
require a display.

Not what I'd call a problem, but someone might like to add it to their list.

cheers

--
Robin Garner
Dept. of Computer Science