harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Interesting discoveries playing around with japitools]
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 02:09:24 GMT

Stuart Ballard wrote:
> On 11/7/06, Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
>> > (Yes, the japitools list is on an FSF server. I really really hope
>> > that this isn't going to be a political problem for you guys. I
>> > selected Savannah for hosting japitools before Harmony even existed,
>> > because it made most sense at the time when Classpath developers were
>> > the main users. Please don't let that hinder our ability to
>> > communicate on something that makes sense for all projects concerned)
>> you kidding? of course I'll join.
> I'm never quite sure. Some of the politics between the Classpath and
> Harmony projects have been quite scary from my point of view.

I dont' think we care where tools are and what the license is.  For
example, I understood that the Classpath peeps were using our swing/awt
tests (which is really cool!)

The only real issue that we had is license incompatibility, but I
thought there was goodwill everywhere to work where we could.

View raw message