harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] [ipf] I suggest a series of patches for ipf code generator
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 01:59:55 GMT

Egor Pasko wrote:
> On the 0x21A day of Apache Harmony Mikhail Fursov wrote:
>> On 07 Nov 2006 18:38:23 +0600, Egor Pasko <egor.pasko@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> * the relative path is still
>>>   'working_vm/vm/jitrino/src/codegenerator/ipf', but 'working_vm' would
>>> be better. (this is a minor issue, just for future)
>>>
>> +1 Yes, this is the problem. I have no 'working_vm' folder at all (I use
>> straightforward VM built without this dir) so I can't apply the patch
>> without modification.
>
> 'working_vm' should be there if you do 'ant populate_source' as
> suggested in [1].
>
> I do not see a big problem here, you can 'cd' to 'blah-blah/ipf' and
> apply the patch out of there (without manual modifications). Not so
> neat, anyway.

Or just

   vm/jitrino/....

Thats much nicer, as it doesn't force anyone to use the federated
structure if they don't want to (I can't see why you wouldn't, but
choice is good...), and it's much, much clearer than /ipf for people not
as familiar with the code.

(I've seen this elsewhere, especially in some of hte docs patches, and
was meaning to bring it up...)

geir