harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Harmony classlib with J9 VM passes all the tests provided by JUnit4.1
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 20:38:12 GMT
Richard Liang wrote:
> On 11/7/06, Nathan Beyer <nbeyer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I believe we're down to agreeing to the Objects/Threads classes [1] in
>> luni-kernel and getting them implemented in DRLVM and the donated IBM
>> VM. I believe the Unsafe class needs to be re-implemented with these
>> interfaces, but that may already be done.
>
> Yes, I just run testNG successfully by appending suncompat.jar and
> luni-kernel-stubs.jar to bootclasspath ;-)

Why do you need to put the stubs on the bootclasspath? and there is a
sun.misc.Unsafe in the DRLVM kernel.jar so I expect you are using that.

We need to agree on the extensions to the luni kernel classes so that we
can implement them in the IBM VME too (and then share the Unsafe in
suncompat).

Regards,
Tim

--