harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general] Interesting discoveries playing around with japitools
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 01:35:40 GMT
Paulex Yang wrote:
> Gets more interesting with IBM:
>> -- ibm1.5 vs. sun1.5 --------------------------------------------
>>
>> Total: 99.77% good, 0% bad, 0.22% missing
>>
>> java.lang:
>> Missing
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.append(java.lang.StringBuilder): missing
>> in /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.capacity(): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.charAt(int): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.codePointAt(int): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.codePointBefore(int): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.codePointCount(int, int): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.ensureCapacity(int): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.getChars(int, int, char[], int): missing
>> in /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.length(): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.offsetByCodePoints(int, int): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.setCharAt(int, char): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.setLength(int): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.subSequence(int, int): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.substring(int): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.substring(int, int): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>> method java.lang.StringBuilder.trimToSize(): missing in
>> /home/stefano/data/japi/sun1.5
>>
> It IS more interesting, because there methods are included in Java 5 API
> Doc (except the first one)!...there may be some problem happened to JAPI
> or the Sun JDK' rt.jar...;-)

Paulex, good catch!

It might well be a japitools bug, then. I did look into the javadoc and
stopped after I realized that the first method wasn't there... but I
should have continued.

Anyway, even a single method should be enough to trigger a TCK reaction
(since this is clearly against Sun WORA policies).

--
Stefano.