harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Preprocessor - out of the abstractness came forth concreteness
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 16:15:45 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> As fun as this discussion is, it's all theoretical.

There's no harm in a bit of fun :-)

So how about we create a sandbox in SVN and copy over a few types to
mark-up while Etienne is developing the processor, and we can all watch
that evolve?

The sandbox ensures that we don't disturb people who are working in
TRUNK (and therefore not having fun ;-p) and we should plan now to throw
away the sandbox and do the mark-up again once we settle on a workable
solution, i.e. we'd let the sandbox code get out of date.

I'm inclined to say that we tackle the 1.5/1.6 differences as our
example.  Marking-up a module like NIO would be easy enough.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)