harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Brush up Harmony pages
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 12:03:46 GMT

Konovalova, Svetlana wrote:
> Alexey,
>
> Thanks a lot applying the patch and appreciating the pages :)
>
>> But I got two concerns about Cruise control testing description page [1]:
>> 1. It does not have it's own title. Now the title is: "Apache Harmony
>> - Apache Harmony". I suggest "Apache Harmony - Build-test framework".
>> If no one objects I'll change the title.
>
> +1 (I've overlooked it, sorry about that)
>
>> In the first part it says that we need all the tools for normal
>> Harmony build but the it requires to install only small part of them.
>> I think that we should remove the short list and provide a link to the
>> page with the all needed software.
>
> Why not? I'm for it.
> IMHO to avoid unnecessary repetition, we can just provide a link from this page to "QH
for contributors"[2].
> Any objections?

+1

> I've created another patch that includes two issues mentioned above and one more cleaned-up
page [3]. Please have a look (the same JIRA = Harmony-2062).

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Sveta
>
> [1]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/buildtest/index.html
> [2]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/quickhelp_contributors.html
> [3]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/index.html

up certain pages [1-5] and created a new issue (HARMONY-2062), the patch is available.

>> If you have time and desire, could you please look through these pages to check whether
they are up-to-date or not.
>> I'd like to draw your attention to the "Framework for Testing Serialization" page
[1], where the "Negative Testing" section is missing. Can anybody create the necessary content
for it, please? ☺ or maybe we don't need it at all...

     [2]http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/buildtest/index.html