harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Gagnon <egag...@sablevm.org>
Subject Re: [classlib] Preprocessor - CHECKPOINT
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:48:23 GMT
Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> Good point! I think Java1.2 classes format is a reason to move J2ME
> development into separate branch.
> The only usecase for preprocessor is left (correct me if I miss something)
> is Java6 changes.
> ?

a) This is "class format"...  AFAIK, you can use generics for
development, but compile with -target=1.2 or something like it, no?

b) If I'm wrong in a), then what if you wanted additional branches of
harmony: j2se1.4, j2me (classformat1.2)?  Then using the proposed tool
would be IMO preferable to using completely distinct svn branches for these.

Etienne