harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Transition to TLP
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:27:32 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> I was going to start organizing the infrastructure transition to TLP. On
> the list are :
>
> 1) website goes to "http://harmony.apache.org/"
>
> 2) mail lists become
>
>      dev@harmony.apache.org
>
> etc.  This will be transparent - we'll move subscribers over, and I
> suppose we forward @incubator traffic to @harmony.
>
> 3) move SVN from it's /incubator/harmony root to just /harmony and
> associated permissioning change (all internal to our SVN permissioning
> scheme)
>
> 4) minor tweaks like changing location of snapshots, slight mods to
> website, tweak in JIRA to change our 'group' or whatever it's called,
> touch up's here and there on the wiki
>
> Anything else?  I did ponder changes to our mail list.  I think adding a
> user list is something good to do now as it's non-disruptive, but I'm
> not convinced that breaking up the dev list is something needed at this
> point - I'd rather see us minimize the changes during this transition
> and do it later once settled.  I'm also still worried about fracturing
> things - it's wonderful to see us working as one community.

I agree that we are still drawing value from all talking on the same
channel, so let's keep it that way for now.

I can't think of any other infra issues.  We will need some minor source
updates, such as URL's embedded in site docs, removing incubator notices
and file markers etc. but they are not infra issues.

Please lay down redirects from the old mailing lists and URLs for a
decent period of time.

Regards,
Tim

--