harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][portlib] Docs?
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 11:58:50 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Paulex Yang wrote:
>> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>> yeah - someone generate, and we can hang them on the website.  I'm
>>> not sure we'd want to check them in though...
>> Is it possible to add documents into website but not to commit them
>> in SVN?
>
> Yep.  I was thinking the same for the Doxygen docs.
>
> Basically, you just create locally, review, and then tar and put up on
> site manually.
+1 to go for that

> It does remove the ability for group oversight (IOW, no commit msgs),
> but if the generation process isn't very stale (small changes to one
> page have repercussions all over...) then it keeps the SVN churn to a
> minimum.
Actually I have no idea what kind of commit msgs needed for API
document...they are just generated by tools from codes. I think the most
important information is the svn revision number against which the
document is generated, any doxygen guru can help to find a way? Any
chance to pass a revision number to doxygen and to get it added into
footer of every page?