harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Gagnon <egag...@sablevm.org>
Subject Re: [classlib] Preprocessor - CHECKPOINT
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 14:27:59 GMT
Mikhail Fursov wrote:
>> At the file/directory level, each version (e.g. j2me, j2se1.4, ...)
> Just my $0.02: IMO it's unreal to support J2SE 1.4 & 1.5 in the same
> source.
> Too many differences in the language due to generics. This example needs
> branches & weekly manual merges (not a big problem imho)

You're absolutely right!  I wasn't thinking about it when I took that
example.  This is really a typical case (j2se 1.4) where using svn
branches is the right solution.

But, for j2me1.5, java for credit cards 1.5 and j2se1.6 (maybe, if they
don't redesign the Java syntax, etc.), I think that a tool along the
lines I was proposing would be best.

Etienne