harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Paulex Yang <paulex.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] No Doxygen reference for code :(
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:32:54 GMT
Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've noticed that there's no API reference documentation for Harmony
> code - generated by Doxygen/Javadoc.  I guess many will agree that
> having API reference is very useful and convenient.
>

> This issue was discussed a while ago [1] for kernel classes and vmi
> interface in classlib. We agreed to store the Doxygen docs on the
> website by generating them manually from code and placing there. It
> seems that the old version of the docs was removed from SVN but never
> made its way to the website, so it's just NOWHERE now :-(. Let's fix it!
>

> AFAIU, we want to have the following:
>
> 1.	Ability to generate docs locally from source code as part of
> build - need to change existing build files or write new ones.
> 2.	Ability to see docs on the website - manually copy a local
> bundle of docs to the website and add a link. Geir has been planning to
> include the website into the next snapshot; supplying ready reference
> with it seem nice.
>
> Volunteers?

> I can work on item 2 for sure to get a nice config file and patch the
> website to link to our new Doxygen API. Item 1 -fixing the build - might
> be more extravagant, so your aid's welcome ;)

It is me that removed the original document in classlib/trunk/doc as we
discussed before, so seems it should be my responsibility to make the
work complete:). Sorry for delaying so long. But I still have no strong
feelings where to put them in standard/site, any suggestions?

You can create all the API document by run "ant" in classlib/trunk/doc,
you can get all document created, assuming Doxygen is installed. If you
kindly provide the patch, I will look at it and merge it into SVN.

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab