harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Yakushev" <andrey.yakus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] What should be improved in DRLVM Doxygen documentation?
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:35:45 GMT
On 11/24/06, Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrey,
> I'm trying to create a documentation bundle according to your
> architecture.

Are you joking? :) It's only my attempt to understand and outline the
current structure.

> Could you please help me to understand a list proposed
> at http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/DRLVM_Documentation_Interfaces_Classification
> better?
>
> 1. What do you think about Egor's and Pavel's suggestions?

I agree with latest Nadya's and Pavel's answers on this theme.

> 2. I cannot find java files in your list. Does VM expose any java interfaces?

Yes, and I know that you know this. :)
Almost all java classes at "vm\vmcore\src\kernel_classes\javasrc" form
the interface to classlib.
It is rather long list and I'm not sure that it should be presented
without nesting in initial Doxygen page.
I suggest pointing all these classes as one item with reference to details.
What is your suggestion?

> 3. Why have you placed the following files into the porting layer component?
> vm/tests/unit/framework/testframe.h
> vm/tests/unit/thread/test_performance.h
> vm/tests/unit/thread/utils/thread_unit_test_utils.h
> vm/tests/unit/ulist/unit_test.h
> vm/tests/unit/ulist/unit_test_logger.h
> vm/tests/unit/ulist/unit_test_main.h

Forgot a header. Corrected. Thanks.

> 4. I cannot find the following files in svn. Why they are here? Do you
> have plans to commit them? Such non-existent files made doxygen to
> report an error.
> vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_ClassLoadingMXBeanImpl.h
> vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_CompilationMXBeanImpl.h
> vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_GarbageCollectorMXBeanImpl.h
> vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_MemoryManagerMXBeanImpl.h
> vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_MemoryMXBeanImpl.h
> vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_MemoryNotificationThread.h
> vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_MemoryNotificationThreadShutdown.h
> vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_MemoryPoolMXBeanImpl.h
> vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_RuntimeMXBeanImpl.h
> vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_lang_management_ThreadMXBeanImpl.h

I had applied patch from HARMONY-1407 in my workspace. Sorry. Corrected.

> 5. Have you intentionally missed the following header files?
> gc_gen/src/common/gc_metadata.h
> gc_gen/src/utils/sync_pool.h
> gc_gen/src/utils/sync_queue.h
> gc_gen/src/utils/sync_stack.h
> gc_gen/src/utils/vector_block.h

New files; just appeared.

> include/open/thread.h

Empty, obsolete file.

> include/vm_properties.h

New file; just appeared.

> 6. Why the following headers appear in your table twice?
> port/include/apr_thread_ext.h
> port/include/clog.h
> port/include/cxxlog.h
> port/include/lil.h
> port/include/lil_code_generator.h
> port/include/lil_code_generator_utils.h
> port/include/log_macro.h
> port/include/logger.h
> port/include/loggerstring.h
> port/include/m2n.h
> port/include/platform_core_natives.h
> port/include/port_atomic.h
> port/include/port_disasm.h
> port/include/port_dso.h
> port/include/port_env.h
> port/include/port_filepath.h
> port/include/port_general.h
> port/include/port_malloc.h
> port/include/port_sysinfo.h
> port/include/port_timer.h
> port/include/port_vmem.h
> port/include/stack_iterator.h

Copy&paste error. Corrected. I wrote that it was only the draft. Thanks anyway.
Really porting set of interfaces need additional review. I think that
almost all h-files are used by other components and should be moved to
the intercomponent interfaces table.

Thanks,
Andrey