harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] creation of "jdktools"
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 19:36:36 GMT
On 11/11/06, Ilya Neverov <ilya.neverov@gmail.com> wrote:
> [skip]
> > > Assumptions which look reasonable for jdktool's build subsystem:
> > >
> > > 1) it works in presence of built classlib (as HDK binaries or as a
> > > result of classlib phase of overall build);
> >
> > yes - think of the same trick we do w/ DRLVM to "reach over" to find it.
> >  I'd imagine the federated build to then have :
> >
> >    trunk/
> >       working_classlib/
> >       working_vm/
> >       working_jdktools/
> >

> Commiters,
>
> Could you please create empty directory "trunk/working_jdktools".
>
> I need it to check building jdktools as part of the federated build.
> Without having the "working_jdktools/" in the repository the moving
> sources and patching buiild files would require additional manual
> steps.
>
> Thank you.
> -Ilya

Are you sure? Assuming you checkout the "trunk" folder, can't you just
create the "working_jdktools" folder in your working copy and "svn
add" it and then perform all of the moves, etc and then create the
diff from that. I may be wrong, but I think I've done this before with
SVN.

If not, we can certainly whip it up quick. Would you mind posting the
full URL of the folder to create, so we don't screw it up (meaning, so
I don't screw it up).

-Nathan