harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <nbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [suncompat] completion (was; Re: [classlib]Harmony classlib with J9 VM passes all the tests provided by JUnit4.1)
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 05:55:42 GMT
I just looked at the changes you made and have a question about this snippet.

+        if (VM.callerClassLoader() != null) {
+            throw new SecurityException("Unsafe");

I just want to understand what this actually means. If the
'callerClassLoader' is null, then the caller is the bootstrap class
loader, correct? Assuming that's correct, we're asserting that only
classes in the bootstrap class loader can call Unsafe, correct?

thanks
-Nathan